Thursday, February 14, 2008

Simple Wrist Warmers

Simple Wrist Warmers
Wrist Warmers
Materials
2-3 ounces of worsted weight yarn.
"H" Hook
Large Blunt Needle
Right Hand
Ch28,
Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook, and in next 26 ch. Ch 1, turn. (27 sc )
Row 2: sc in each sc across, ch , turn. (27 sc).
Row 3-8: Repeat row 2.
Row 9: sc in next 7 sc, ch 8, skip next 8 sc, Dc in last 12 sc, Ch 1, turn. ( 7sc, 8ch, 12dc=27 stitches)
Row 10: sc in next 12 dc, and each ch, and sc across, ch 1, turn. (27 sc)
Row 11-32: Repeat row 2. At end of row 32, leaving a 12 inch tail, break off yarn, and weave in all ends except for 12 inch tail.
With needle, and 12 inch tail, sew long sides of wrist warmers together with right sides facing each other. Turn right side out.

For Left Hand
Chain 28,
work rows 1-7, same as for right hand.
Row 8: sc in each sc across, chain 3, turn.
Row 9: dc in first 12 sc, chain 8, skip next 8 sc, sc in last 7 sc, ch 1, turn.
Row10: sc in next 7 sc, sc in each of the 8 chains, sc in each of the next 12 dc, chain 1, turn.
Row 11-32: work same as for right hand.At end of row 32, leaving a 12 inch tail, break off yarn, and weave in all ends except for 12 inch tail.
With needle, and 12 inch tail, sew long sides of wrist warmers together with right sides facing each other. Turn right side out.

This pattern is for your personal use only. Thankyou

3 comments:

Amanda @RusticRemnants said...

Julee I love your wrist warmer pattern. I made a pair last year and put them on my blog and I've made 3 more pair this week and 2 in progress. I'll have them up on my blog later this week. These last few I've made are adaptations of your original pattern though.

Unknown said...

These wrist warmers would be great when it gets a little chilly in the house, but I still want to work on my computer or work on my needlework projects. I'm going to start a pair right away!

Ann M said...

I'm thinking of doing your pattern for my VFW post ladies. We do the prayer shawls and this would be nice addition for the stays in the hospital. Thank you for this.