Thursday, February 4, 2010

*FREE*Jacobs Ladder Round Ripple Afghan Pattern *FREE*


This pattern has not been tested. If you find any errors please leave a comment. If anything confuses you please leave a comment and I'll do my best to help. I tried my hardest to make this pattern understandable but today is one of those days where my brain is just fighting me all the way. Lol Oh well.

I wrote this pattern but the design was made possible thanks to Pam (alostlady2) on wwww.crochetville.org. It was her brilliance that combined the two. So, THANK YOU PAM!!!! :-D (It won't be exactly like hers cause I didn't get a close up of the afghan but I know how the Jacobs Ladder pattern works so I used my base knowledge of that design and the RR design and went from there.

Jacobs Ladder Round Ripple Afghan Pattern

Materials:
You can use any Hook and Any yarn you want.

Double Crochet Finishing Technique Stitch *DcFTS* (any better ideas for a name? Lol)-(yarn over, insert hook in top of next Dc, yarn over, pull through 2 loops, place hook through loop made by the Ch6, yarn over, pull through Ch6 loop, yarn over, insert hook in top of next Dc, yarn over, pull through 2 loops, yarn over, pull through remaining 4 loops on hook).

Ch4,
Rnd 1: Make 15 Dc in 4th Ch from hook, Sl St in top of Beg Ch3. (16 Dc)

Rnd 2: Ch3, (Dc, Ch2, 2 Dc) in same st as sl st, *Ch 6, Skip next Dc, Shell (2 Dc, Ch2, 2 Dc) in next Dc. Repeat from * to * around. Skip next Dc, Sl St in top of Beg Ch 3 and in next Dc. (8-Shells, 8-Ch6 Sps)

Rnd 3: Ch3, Shell in next Ch2 Sp, *Dc in Dc, Skip next Dc, Ch 6, Skip next Dc, Dc in next Dc, Shell in next Ch2 Sp*. Repeat from * to * around. Dc in next Dc, Skip next Dc, Ch6, Sl St in top of Beg Ch3 and in next Dc. (8- Shells, 16- Dc, 8- Ch6 Sps)

Rnd 4-?: Ch3, Dc in next Dc, Shell in next Ch2 Sp, *Dc in next 2 Dc, Skip next Dc, Ch6, Skip next Dc, Dc in next 2 Dc, Shell in next Ch2 Sp*. Repeat from * to * around. Dc in next 2 Dc, Skip next Dc, Ch6, Sl St in top of Beg Ch3 and in next Dc. (8 Shells, 32- Dc, 8- Ch6 Sps)

Repeat rnd 4 adding 1 more Dc to each side of Shell until you reach your desired blanket size.

Before you work Finishing Rnd: Twist the first 6 chains and pull the 6 chains after that through (do not twist the second or any other chain after the first one). It will look like the top of a crocheted chain. Repeat that between all 8 hills.

Note: Your very last DcFTS will be worked just like every other DcFTS except you will work the very last set of instructions for that stitch in the top of the Sl St. I really hope that doesn’t confuse ya’ll to much.

Finishing Rnd: Ch3, *Dc in each Dc to Ch2 Sp, Shell in Ch2 Sp, Dc in each Dc to the last Dc (before the Ch6 sp), DcFTS over next Dc, Ch6 loop and Dc*. Repeat from * to * around. Sl St in top of Beg Ch3.

I didn’t make any more rnds after this but if you wanted to you could continue on for a few more rnds in which ever way you like.

4 comments:

Keri said...

Thank you, Julee. I followed the links and finally found a picture of the afghan. It's gorgeous! I'll have to put that on my TO DO list.

Amanda said...

Hey, Julee - my sister and I started a project blog and I thought you might be interested to swing over and take a look: www.hooks-and-needles.blogspot.com . (I have a different profile name over there - Marianne Dashwood. ;-))

Talk to you later!

Julee aka Jewls said...

Oh my goodness!! I love your new blog!!! Great job on the American girl doll clothes!!! Thanks for sharing the link.

Julee

crotchetywife said...

I found this beautiful pattern of your's on Crochetville. I have made several comfy blankies from this pattern. I use just the number of rounds in the pattern to make a blankie a toddler can carry around without it dragging on the floor. They have been well received by the mothers. I really like your designs.
Janet