Monday, March 19, 2012

Sock Blocker Tutorial

Sock blockers are expensive and I needed a cheaper alternative so I made my own. Here are my instructions on how to make your own. They only cost a few dollars a piece and you can make quite a few sock blockers out of one Foam Board.


*I want to add some colorful stickers to my next blockers (I'll be adding the stickers before I cover them).
You can find the PDF for the Template here: Sock Blocker Template
Materials:
3/16” Thick Foam Board (can be purchased at wal-mart)
Box Cutter or sharp knife(Scissors do not work well on the Foam Board. They pretty much destroy it)
Clear Packing Tape (I covered my sock blocker in it to kinda water proof it and to make it easier to slide the sock on and off)

Instructions:
1. Print out Template. If it’s to large or small, you can use a copier to reduce or enlarge it.
2. Cut out the template.
3. Place the template on the Foam board and trace around it with a marker that is easy to see. Don’t forget about the leg of the blocker. Be sure and leave room for that on the Foam board.
4. Cut out your sock blocker using the box cutter.
5. Using the packing tape, cover the sock blocker. This will prevent water damage.
6. Enjoy your sock blocker.

If this is helpful or you have any questions please leave a comment.

No comments: